Originally New St. Pauls, Bridgeville United Church was built as a Presbyterian church in 1894, during a period when the East River Valley was experiencing rapid growth, during the 1890's. The first minister was Rev. James Sinclair. When the iron industry fell, the population declined, and Bridgeville United is now part of the two-piont pastoral charge.
Contact Don MacLean, 923-2591
3 Fortune Lane Bridgeville
Sunday Service Starts at 9:30am
First Presbyterian Church, Hopewell, was dedicated on August 26, 1857, as Union Church. The following year, the first minister, Rev. John McKinnon, was inducted. After the Church union in 1925, the name First Presbyterian Church was adopted.
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church is located on the east side of Upper East River, about mid-way between Bridgeville and Sunnybrae on 1244 East River East Side Rd.
The church was build in 1855 as a congregation of the Kirk, the Church of Scotland. It is design to seat a large congregation. The church is now privately owned and no longer used for church services.
Calvin Presbyterian Church, Sunnybrae, was erected in the year 1854 as a Free Kirk. The first minister was Rev. D. B. Blair. It was part of the charge that includes Springville, St. Paul's, Sunnybrae and Caledonia and was sold in 2023 after significant damage during Hurricane Fiona forced its closure as a church.
The Church of Springville was built in 1853 and is part of The Presbyterian Church of Nova Scotia. The first minister was Rev. Angus McGillivray.
Springville Presbyterian Church is located on East River East Side Rd. Springville
Worship Services & Sunday School are Sunday 10:30am
During the summer there is only one service at 10am, rotating through all of: Springville, St Paul's, and Sunnybrae.
St. Columba United Church, Hopewell, was built in 1859 as a Church of Scotland. The first minister was Rev. Donald McRae. In 1907, St. Columba, Kirk, joined the Presbyterian Church in Canada. In 1925 it decided on a union and it became St. Columba United Church and is now included in the pastoral charge that covers two of the churches in the East River Valley.
St Columba United
4144 Trafalgar Road
Contact - Etta Macintosh-Hirtle 923-2244
Worship Services- Sunday 11:00a.m